Our wonderful book clubs will continue to “meet” online via Zoom. If you have not joined us yet for a meeting and are interested, please email [email protected] and let her know which club or clubs you are interested in joining. You are always welcome to pick and choose between the clubs to discuss the books you like the best! Thank you for your loyalty to Books & Books and please stay safe and be well, Books are discounted 20% at the stores for members of the club.
Classics Book Club (Second Thursdays 7:00 pm)
July 14, 2022 Cather, Willa. Professor’s House (237)
August 11, 2022 Dinesen, Isak. Winter’s Tales (320)
September 8, 2022 Morrison, Toni. Song of Solomon (337)
October 13, 2022 Woolf, Virginia. Orlando (336)
*November 3, 2022 Steinbeck, John. Cannery Row (181)
December 8, 2022 Wharton, Edith. The Buccaneers (416)
January 12, 2023 Baldwin, James. Go Tell It on the Mountain (240)
February 9, 2023 Angelou, Maya. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (304)
March 9, 2023 Durrell, Lawrence. Justine (253)
April 13, 2023 Garcia Marquez, Gabriel. Chronicle of a Death Foretold (120)
May 11, 2023 Greene, Graham. Our Man in Havana (256)
June 8, 2023 Forster, E.M. Passage to India (416)
Mystery Book Club (Third Thursdays 7:00 pm)
July 21, 2022 Michaelides, Alex. The Maidens (337). England.
August 18, 2022 Christie, Agatha. The Moving Finger (299). England.
September 15, 2022 Furst, Alan. Kingdom of Shadows (274). Europe.
October 20, 2022 Bachman, Frederick. Anxious People (352). Sweden.
*November 10, 2022 Atkinson, Kate. Transcription (331). England.
December 15, 2022 Hillerman, Tony. The Blessing Way (306). Navajo Nation.
January 19, 2023 Quinn, Kate. The Diamond Eye (435). Ukraine/USA
February 16, 2023 Christie, Agatha. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (336). England.
March 16, 2023 Follett, Ken. Eye of the Needle (339). Europe.
April 20, 2023 Mosley, Walter. Devil in a Blue Dress (263). Los Angeles, CA.
May 18, 2023 LeCarre, John. The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (228). East Germany.
June 15, 2023 Tokarczuk, Olga. Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead (288). Poland.
Original Book Club (Last Thursdays 7:00 pm)
July 28, 2022 Groff, Lauren. Florida (275)
August 25, 2022 Charles, Janet Skeslian. The Paris Library (368)
September 29, 2022 Standiford, Les. Last Train to Paradise (259)
October 20, 2022 Donoghue, Emma. The Pull of the Stars (295)
*November 17, 2022 Ogawa, Yoko. The Housekeeper and the Professor (180)
December 29, 2022 Winchester, Simon. The Professor and the Madman (242)
January 26, 2023 Jin, Meng. Little Gods (280)
February 23, 2023 Patchett, Ann. The Dutch House (337)
March 30, 2023 Katz, Catherine Grace. The Daughters of Yalta (432)
April 27, 2023 Zhang, C Pam. How Much of These Hills Is Gold (288)
May 25, 2023 Tyler, Anne. Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant (320)
June 29, 2023 Spiegelman, Art. Maus I: A Survivor’s Tale: My Father Bleeds History (159)
*Meetings will be held earlier in November due to the Thanksgiving holiday
Zoom Book Club Best Practices:
1) Find a quiet place in your home where you are less likely to be interrupted.
2) Use the “mute” function on the screen when you are not speaking in case unexpected noises occur in your background.
3) If you need to move around with your device, you can also mute your picture temporarily. It is the option next to the audio mute.
4) As the moderator, I will try to be sure everyone gets a chance to speak. If you have made a point, please allow others to answer to the same topic before moving on to another one.
5) To be sure all get a chance to respond and not accidentally interrupt, please raise your hand, either to the camera or using the “raise hand” option on your screen. This option is on the bottom left of the screen if you are using a phone or a tablet. If you are on a computer, you have to first click on Participants and then click on Raise Hand.
6) After we have had 30-40 minutes of good book discussion, feel free to bring up related topics of other books, films, current events, etc. Thanks!!
Well–Read Black Girl Book Club
Well–Read Black Girl is an online community and in-real-life book club hosted nationwide. In 2019, the American Booksellers Association partnered with Well–Read Black Girl to bring book club meetings to independent bookstores with the goal of amplifying Black women writers. If you’re interested in joining the Miami Chapter, please email well[email protected]