- This event has passed.
June 19, 2020 @ 6:00 pm
Virtual Author Series: Emily Giffin & Jana Kramer
Books & Books, Miami Book Fair, Lit Hub & Culture Crusaders presents…
A VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR WITH EMILY GIFFIN & JANA KRAMER
The Lies That Bind: A Novel
(Ballantine Books, $28)
Friday, June 5, 6pm
LIVE On CROWDCAST
TICKET REQUIRED (Book included)
PURCHASE A TICKET HERE
- The purchase of this ticket admits (1) one person into this virtual event and includes (1) one copy of the book.
- You’ll be purchasing your ticket on EVENTBRITE where there is a screen to include your shipping address. The book will be shipped to you following the event.
- Once you have registered on Eventbrite, you will receive a link to the CROWDCAST listing, along with a password.
- Please visit Crowdcast and register by entering your email address. *This is a necessary second step to complete your registration.
- On the night of the event, use your email address and password to watch the event on Crowdcast. See more about Crowdcast in the directions below.
About the Book
In the irresistible new novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of All We Ever Wanted and Something Borrowed, a young woman falls hard for an impossibly perfect man before he disappears without a trace. . . .
It’s 2 A.M. on a Saturday night in the spring of 2001, and twenty-eight-year-old Cecily Gardner sits alone in a dive bar in New York’s East Village, questioning her life. Feeling lonesome and homesick for the Midwest, she wonders if she’ll ever make it as a reporter in the big city—and whether she made a terrible mistake in breaking up with her longtime boyfriend, Matthew.
As Cecily reaches for the phone to call him, she hears a guy on the barstool next to her say, “Don’t do it—you’ll regret it.” Something tells her to listen, and over the next several hours—and shots of tequila—the two forge an unlikely connection. That should be it, they both decide the next morning, as Cecily reminds herself of the perils of a rebound relationship. Moreover, their timing couldn’t be worse—Grant is preparing to quit his job and move overseas. Yet despite all their obstacles, they can’t seem to say goodbye, and for the first time in her carefully constructed life, Cecily follows her heart instead of her head.
Then Grant disappears in the chaos of 9/11. Fearing the worst, Cecily spots his face on a missing-person poster, and realizes she is not the only one searching for him. Her investigative reporting instincts kick into action as she vows to discover the truth. But the questions pile up fast: How well did she really know Grant? Did he ever really love her? And is it possible to love a man who wasn’t who he seemed to be?
The Lies That Bind is a mesmerizing and emotionally resonant exploration of the never-ending search for love and truth—in our relationships, our careers, and deep within our own hearts.
About the Author
About the Moderator:
|JANA KRAMER is a country music singer and actress. She has starred in beloved television shows One Tree Hill, Friday Night Lights, and Dancing With the Stars, and has released two albums: Jana Kramer (2012) and Thirty One (2015). Jana and her husband, former NFL tight end, MICHAEL CAUSSIN, host the award-winning Whine Down podcast, where they discuss their relationship in real time for fans and guests. They live in Nashville with their two children.|
HOW TO WATCH A VIRTUAL EVENT ON CROWDCAST
- You will need either a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet.
- Crowdcast is a website that you can access with any web browser. You can use Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Safari, Opera, or Edge as your web browser.
- When you access the Crowdcast link for this event, please just enter your email and create a Crowdcast account. That’s it. That’s all you need to do.
- Once your account is created, you will be brought to the event’s landing page. The timer on the screen shows you when the event is scheduled to begin.
- Just log in using your email address on the date and time specified.
- During the event, you can ask questions in the “Ask A Question” box at the bottom of the screen.
- You can also vote for other questions that you would most like to see answered using the up and down arrows to the left of each question.
- You’ll be able to see the author onscreen, but the author, moderator, and Books & Books staff member cannot see you.