- This event has passed.
February 17, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
Power Moms: Joann S. Lublin
The Commonwealth Institute, The Gunster Law Firm and Books & Books present…
An Evening with Joann S. Lublin
Wednesday, February 17, 6 PM EST
A record number of American women are reaching the executive suite, and a significant proportion of women now running major U.S. corporations have children. Yet despite this tremendous progress, working mothers still face numerous challenges at work and home—struggles that the Covid-19 pandemic aggravated.
In Power Moms, Lublin explores:
- How two different generations of women navigate the emotional and professional challenges involved in juggling their managerial careers and families
- Innovative approaches for how companies can make work more workable for parents
- How a severe health crisis can become a transformational turning point in your professional growth
- The “work-life sway” and why it works better than the “work-life balance”
- The power of paying it forward by raising feminist sons
- The importance of turning off the always-on switch
About the Author:
Joann S. Lublin was management news editor for The Wall Street Journal, working with reporters in the U.S. and abroad, until she retired in April 2018. She continues to speak about leadership, executive women, and other management issues. She created the Journal’s career advice column in 1993 and kept writing its “Your Executive Career” column until May 2020. She shared its Pulitzer Prize in 2003 for stories about corporate scandals. She is the author of the popular 2016 book, EARNING IT: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World. She won the 2018 Lifetime Achievement from the Loeb Awards, the highest accolade in business journalism. She earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism with honors from Northwestern University and a master’s degree in communications from Stanford University. She lives in Dresher, Pennsylvania.