- This event has passed.
October 27, 2018 @ 2:00 pm
- October 27, 2018
- 2:00 pm
- Books & Books in Coral Gables
- 265 Aragon Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33134 United States + Google Map
An expert in bold flavors, textures, and creating alternatives to traditional meat and dairy dishes, in his new cookbook VEGAN CHRISTMAS YouTube cooking phenomenon Gaz Oakley (AKA the Avant-garde Vegan) offers an incredible collection of vibrant, delicious, and innovative vegan recipes for the upcoming holidays!
• Start Christmas morning with a breakfast of snowflake-shaped Sweet Potato Waffles and Tofu Benedict;
• Get the party started with an appetizing Smoked Chili and Rosemary Dough-Ball Fondue, mini quiches and sausage rolls, or Parsnip and Vanilla Soup;
• Create a show-stopping lunch featuring amazing sides like Sexy Sprouts, Port and Balsamic Braised Red Cabbage, and Hasselback Potatoes with ‘cheese’ sauce, alongside one of Gaz’s unique alternatives to the traditional roast – whether it’s the Ultimate Christmas Wellington, No-Turkey Roast, Stuffed Squash Roast, or the Festive Nut Roast Wreath;
• Round the meal out with spectacular dairy-free desserts including Boozy Tiramisu, Crème Brûlée Tartlets, Spiced Hot Chocolate, a Chocolate Orange Raw Cheesecake, Fried Doughnut Profiteroles, or a Cheese and Pâté board!
With additional chapters covering key ingredients and equipment, recipes for Leftovers, and delicious Edible Gifts, VEGAN CHRISTMAS offers every solution needed to cook for vegans and vegetarians during the holidays.
About the Author:
Gaz Oakley is passionate about vegan cooking. He became a chef in Cardiff, UK, at the age of 15. Inspired to follow a healthier lifestyle, he decided to embrace plant-based food, change his diet, and go vegan. Using the techniques he learned working as a professional chef, he started devising beautiful and innovative ways to cleverly replicate popular meat and dairy dishes. He also discovered it was surprisingly easy to get big taste and color into vegan dishes without compromising them, which made him determined to show people just how easy it can be to cook irresistible-looking and flavor-packed vegan food.
Known as the ‘Jamie Oliver of Vegan food’, he posted his first cooking demo video on the ‘Avant-garde Vegan’ YouTube channel in November 2016. In July 2017, his YouTube channel had just 69,000 subscribers; he now has over 470,000 subscribers, and an additional 237,000 Instagram followers – numbers that continue to grow every day! 40% of his YouTube subscribers and 30% of his Instagram followers live in the US. His first book, Vegan 100, was published in February 2018, and was an instant hit worldwide. Visit www.avantgardevegan.com for more information about Gaz, or find him on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @avantgardevegan